Saturday, March 8, 2014

Blog Update, Life Update, Mani of the Day: Maybelline Street Art & Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Clearly Quick


Just a little Life Update and Blog Update for those who may be interested... Oh and a Mani of the Day. Lol... And I warn you now, this is going to be a very lengthy post. If you make it all the way thru, you should get a cookie.. Lol..

Sorry for the disappearing act the past few weeks. I started a new job about 3 weeks ago and went from working 4 hour shifts maybe 3 days a week to working 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. And on top of that, its an hour driive to and from work now. Ive been so exhausted. I usually pass out within 30 minutes of getting  home each night. I had the same design on my nails for 3 weeks and it has been driving me crazy. I finally made myself stay awake long enough Wednesday night to at least take the polish off. Lol. I had to just grab a few random polishes to bring with me to work yesterday to throw something on them. It is driving me crazy to be too tired to work on any designs.

I've included a shot of my current mani. It's pretty boring,  but didn't have much time to do much else. I just needed something to tide me over till I can do something better Sunday. Sorry for the aweful quality of the photo. I'm doing this post from my phone instead of putting it off till Sunday when I can sit down at my computer.


I chose a bright chartreuse green polish that I picked up months ago from Ulta, Essence - Colour & Go in L.O.L and topped it with the new Maybelline Color Show Street Art polish in Blue Beats. I really love these kinds of "matte glitters". I am going to have to go back to Wal Mart and get the red one tomorrow night (since that was the one that caught my eye to begin with). I topped it off with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Clearly Quick. 




This was my first time trying the Insta-Dry Top Coat, I am very pleased with how quickly my nails dried, which was what was super important in this instance since I was rushing to do my nails during slow spurts at work. I had a customer just a few minutes after finishing my nails and they were dry, no worries about smudging or anything. It was wonderful for this situation where fast dry time was most important. As for lasting power, that's another story all together... I noticed earlier today at work that I had a few chips, then I had big pieces flaking off this evening. So I definitely won't be counting on this top coat when I need a mani to last. But it could have also been the combination of base color polish, the matte glitters, and the top coat, so we will have to try this another time and see how it goes. 

I finally had a chance to check my blog comments the other day and was ecstatic to find a comment (from Gracithy of Addicted to Nails) on my latest post that I was chosen for a Liebster Blog Award. I was mortified that it had taken me weeks to see the comment (it was from 2/18). I'm so new to the blogging community and I don't want anyone to think I am ungrateful or think that it is not a big deal to me. It is an honor to have someone notice my work like that. And it was actually for a design that I was very sceptical about posting in the first place. One of the first bits of advice I read when researching starting a nail blog was to post every design, even if you think it is aweful. It may inspire someone else and just because its trash to you doesn't mean someone else may not love it. Im glad that I followed the advice.

I am currently working on my Liebster Award Post, hopefully I will be able to get it up this week. It is really an honor to be acknowledged in any way. So keep an eye out for that post in the very near future.  

Starting this blog was a huge deal to me, it still very much is. I am doing everything I can to make more time to post as I get acclimated to this new work schedule. Please comment, I would love to hear any suggestions you may have on anything. I will be participating in some challenges in the near future and I'm trying to become more active in the nail community period. 

Thank you to all who have came back to check out my posts, I really appreciate each one of you. And if you made it all the way to the end, you definitely deserve a cookie... Lol.. I don't actually have a cookie, But....... I do have an awesome picture of my puppy baby - Idgit for your viewing pleasure instead.. Enjoy.. Lol.. Hope everyone is having a great Weekend!!! 



1 comment:

  1. You weren't kidding about the length of the post! Great little mani - I am loving Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry but they don't sell it where I live at the moment... :S Hope you get your blogging mojo back! :)

    ReplyDelete