Tuesday, March 18, 2014

ASP Nail Art Brush Set & Cutting Your Own Brushes

I got this set from Sally's Beauty Supply about 6 months ago. This is my only "Real" set of Nail Art brushes I own.. The main brushes I use are actually all paintbrushes from the craft store that I have cut down much thinner to be able to paint small enough to do detailed work on a tiny nail.

As Always, a HUGE thank you to Robin Moses who taught us how to create the tools we need from the tools readily available to us. Luckily, we wont have to cut our brushes much longer. Robin Moses is putting out her own brush set in the (hopefully) near future. I cannot wait. I Will be so excited when they finally are available.

I was so scared to cut these brushes down. This pack of brushes run $14/$15, regular price. I was worried if I didn't cut them right, They would be ruined and I hated to pay that much for them the first time, much less if I had ruined them and had to buy a second set. I was so nervous cutting those tiny hairs out. But I am SO glad I finally did it, they are so perfect now. I wasn't able to use the striping brush before, it was too thick. And I just don't understand why these nail companies continue to make these "Nail Art" brushes so thick. You would think that since they are in the nail business that they would understand how valuable tiny brushes would be to nail artists.

After I saw how great the striping brush performed once it was cut, I got brave and Web ahead and cut the liner and mini liner brushes as well. I am so glad that I finally got the nerve to cut them.

Now I'm really ready to do some nail art. And Its perfect timing, I have decided to participate in a few of the upcoming Nail Art Challenges in April.

The ASP Nail Art Brush Set is sold at Sally's Beauty Supply for $13.99. This set includes a Striping Brush, Nail Art Brush (Flat), Liner Brush and Mini-Liner Brush. Thru the Month of March, this set is on sale for $10.99.

I definitely recommend cutting all of them down, except the flat brush. The flat brush is great for one-stroke technique painting and works fine the way it comes.

I have included a picture of the set from Sally's website, as well as one of the 3 brushes together before I cut them down and a side by side, before and after shot of each of the 3 I cut down. Please forgive me for all the photos being together at the end of the post. I still have not figured out how to integrate the photos throughout the post on this damn crazy phone.

As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Please follow my blog. I'm working hard on making sure my posts are more regular and have some fun posts coming up in the near future. Leave me a comment. I would love to hear some feedback.

Do you cut your brushes down? What brand of brushes have worked best for you? Are you participating in any Nail Art Challenges? If you know of any really bad ass challenges, I would love to know about them.

5 comments:

  1. Great review! Love the brushes they are so cute! I think I'll get a set my self ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... This is my 1st time doing anything close to a review... Thanks for checking my blog out... Yeah, they are a great set... I have to buy what's available in a store that I can go pick up, Its hard for me to order stuff online right now.... I like them much more now that I cut them down... But thats any brush I get... Lol.. Thants again..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm am so proud of u girl! Those brushes look awesome. Are u going to do a step by step guide or video? I think there is probably several newbies out there that would love to know how to cut the brushes like u did; bc u did an awesome job! Keep at it chick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Susan.. Im trying to post more but real life gets in the way a lot of the time... I learned to cut my brushes from Robin Moses.. Anyone wanting to learn how can search robin Moses cut brushes on YouTube... Thanks for reading Susan.. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete