Saturday, February 1, 2014

Sinful Colors - Matte Roses Nail Art


Just a quick post this morning of a single nail practice design that I did several months ago. I have photos of tons of quick, simple, one nail designs I have done for practice.


 
Please forgive the quality of the photo. It was one of many quick snapshots I used to take of my designs from my iPhone. When taking them, it was never my intention to publish them anywhere or I would have taken more care when photographing them. It seems these photos show every flaw that you don't even notice until you start editing. In hindsight, I sure wish I had cleaned up the "cuticle area" of the practice hand before taking the photo.

Originally, I planned to make this tip into a necklace as a gift for a friend. I still haven't followed through with attaching the hardware to it. Hopefully, I will find time to get to it eventually.

Supplies Used:

Nail Tip applied to a Practice Hand
Dotting Tool
Sinful Colors - Whipped (Matte)
Sinful Colors - Hazard
Salon Perfect - Matte FX Top Coat
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint - Black
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint - White
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint - Lime Sorbet
Folk Art Acrylic Paint - Bright Green




Original Tutorial:
I originally saw this technique in a tutorial done by Lisa of Nail Art 101.

The link to her original post featuring the tutorial I got the idea from: http://www.nail-art-101.com/floral_nail_art.html. Please go check out her site, there is so much awesome information on it. I love her tutorials. I have learned a lot from them.

Her tutorial I learned this technique from is below.  



Thanks for checking out my posts. I hope you are inspired to try something new.

2 comments:

  1. Fab nails, I might have to try with the little tutorial picture you've got! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for checking it out... Glad you like it.. You should definitely try it.. That tutorial picture was how I learned as well.. It's one of my fave quick nail art designs... Thanks again for checking out my blog.. :-)

    ReplyDelete